Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Barney the Burper

I remember once when my brothers were five (they're twins) and I was seven, we were riding in the car with my dad. My brothers had recently learned how to burp on command and were seeing who could burp the longest. My dad was telling them to "knock it off," but I was in the front seat giggling, and my brothers weren't going to stop if they had an audience. So my dad told them this:
"Hey, knuckleheads, you better stop that burping. Did I ever tell you what happened to my friend, Barney? Yeah, I knew a guy named Barney who was always burping. Well, guess what happened to him? One day he burped his tounge out! Yeah, you heard me. Burped his tounge out! I'm serious! So now he keeps his tounge in a glass jar in his car. And if he wants to talk, he takes his tounge out and slaps it against his knee to make noises. So you guys better watch all that burpin'!"
We believed that story for the next five years.

No comments: